Welcome to the Leatherhead & District Angling Society Junior Section. This is the part of the website totally dedicated to the Juniors containing pictures, details of matches, latest catches, best methods and bucketfuls of information to help you ‘bag up’ on our fabulous waters.
SOME GOOD NEWS FOR ALL JUNIORS: From 1st April 2017 Juniors aged 17 years or less will NOT have to pay a fee for the Environment Agency Rod Licence, but you will still need to apply for one.
EQUIPMENT CHECK LIST FOR BEGINNERS
Please ask for help if you are unsure as to what equipment to buy for the first time. A Junior does not need a great deal of expensive kit. The following can be purchased for around £30 – £40
Beginners list of equipment:
- 6ft – 8ft Junior Match Rod
- Junior Reel loaded with max 5lb mono line
- Selection of Waggler floats
- Unhooking mat (essential)
- Landing net (and handle) (essential)
- Selection of easy to attach BARBLESS ‘hooks to nylon’, sizes 10, 14, 16, 18
- Box of lead free shot-weights. Assorted sizes, including 4,6, BB
- Small pair of safety scissors
- Folding seat
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO FISH WITHOUT A LANDING NET OR UNHOOKING MAT
JOIN today – download the membership form here: